1. What is SOW?
SMEDA One Window (SOW) is a service launched by SMEDA to provide a one stop solution for SMEs with either existing businesses or initiating a start-up.
2. What services are being offered through SOW?
SOW provides services ranging from business idea validation to company registration so that SMEs can focus on other operational areas of their businesses. SOW services fall under two categories; ‘Core Services’ and ‘Allied Services’.
3. What are 'Core Services' of SOW?
Core services offered through SMEDA One Window program are:
- Sole Proprietorship registration with FBR
- Partnership Registration with Registrar of Partnership
- Limited Liability Partnership registration with SECP
- Private Limited Company including Single Member Company registration with SECP
4. What are 'Allied Services' of SOW?
Allied Services offered through SMEDA One Window program are:
· Logo design
· Letter head design and/or printing
· Business card design and/or printing
· Business stamp
· NTN registration (Individual & Partnership & Pvt. Limited)
· Social media support
· Trademark & Copyright application filing
Sales Tax registration
· Provincial Revenue Board registration (services)
· Membership of Chamber of Commerce & Industry
· EOBI registration
· Social Security registration
|· Utility (Gas and Electricity connections)
Please note: You will qualify to receive ‘Allied Services’ if you are eligible for ‘Core Services’ offered through the program. ‘Allied Services’ are provided free of cost when the SME applicant avails a minimum of one ‘Core Service’.
5. How can I get connected with consultants to receive SOW services?
You can access service providers or consultants through SMEDA’s Consultant Database. Alternatively, you can also engage a consultant of your choice from the market.
6. Is SOW program offering financial support to SMEs?
SMEDA under SOW program will reimburse professional fee of consultants engaged by SME applicants for the amount up to Rs. 25,000/-.
A SMEDA representative will assess and finalize; details of services, estimated time required for delivery of services, professional fees to acquire the services and limit of subsidy against the services.
Any kind of Government registration fee cannot be claimed in SOW financial support.
7. I want to use my own consultant for the services, can the expense be reimbursed through SOW?
Yes, if you want to engage your own consultant, the program will reimburse the expense as per terms and conditions. You are required to file a request for reimbursement at the nearest SMEDA office. The final decision of granting reimbursement will be taken by SMEDA committee after due verifications.
8. What is the eligibility criteria for SOW?
SMEDA ensures maximum inclusion of SMEs to avail SOW services. SMEs with the following credentials are eligible to benefit from the program:
- Pakistani nationals having a valid CNIC with an interest to either start a business or formalize an existing business
- Any business related to manufacturing, trading or services.
9. What is the process of receiving SOW services?
Please visit SMEDA offices and consult with our representative who will guide you and assess your eligibility for the program. SME applicants will be provided with a list of documents required for filing of application for Sole Proprietorship / Registered AOP / LLP with SECP / Private Company Registration. If you are eligible for financial support to access professional consultancy, the SMEDA representative will finalize details of services best suited to meet your requirements.