Small and Medium Enterprises Development Authority - SMEDA
"Small and Medium Enterprises Development Authority (SMEDA) is an autonomous institution of the Government of Pakistan under Ministry of Industries and Production. SMEDA was established in October 1998 for encouraging and facilitating the development and growth of small and medium enterprises in the country. SMEDA is not only an SME policy-advisory body of the government of Pakistan but also facilitates other institutional stakeholders in addressing their SME development agendas."
- Formulate Policy to encourage the growth of SMEs in the country and to advise the Government on fiscal and monetary issues related to SMEs.
- Facilitation of Business Development Services to SMEs.
- Facilitate the development and strengthening of SME representative bodies associations/chambers.
- Conducting sector studies and analysis for sector development strategies.
- Strengthening of SMEs by conducting and facilitating seminars, workshops and training programs.
- Donor assistances for SME development of SMEs through programs and projects.
- Identification of service opportunities on the basis of supply/demand gap.