Location: Multan, Punjab.
Status: Project is approved by DDWP.
The Project is about establishing SME Business Facilitation Center at Multan. The facilitation center, managed by SMEDA, will act as a one-stop facility for the development requirements of SMEs of Multan regional. The Center will provide information, products and services related to marketing, technology, support in access to finance, regulatory compliance, business registration, corporatization, taxation and capacity building support and services to the SMEs and potential entrepreneurs.
Following are the key objectives of the project:
- Data collection on need based support services requirements of SMEs through field visits to SME business locations. This will also include organizational profiling for developing linkages with larger firms for business process outsourcing including but not limited to manufacturing, marketing and distribution.
- Identification, capacity building and networking of business development service providers for delivery of sustainable business development services to the SMEs.
- Programmed networking with regional Chambers of Commerce & Industry (CCIs), Associations and Trade Bodies for improved working relationships & understanding of grassroots requirements leading to effective advocacy, program development & delivery.
- Networking with Financial Institutions for capacity building of their field staff for SME financing - Implementation Support.
- Develop programs and products for handholding of SMEs in developing investment proposals and supervised interaction with Bank officials for easy access to formal credit.
- Information dissemination regarding corporatization, Taxation and other regulatory procedures and compliance requirements to different segments of SMEs.
- Provide office space to the public sector institutions particularly attached SME focused departments/institutions of MoI&P, for extending services including but not limited to corporatization, technology up-gradation, taxation, regulatory compliance, capacity building, and productivity enhancement.
Benefits To SMEs / Outcomes
- Taking services to SME doorsteps through field visits enabling development of much needed data base of local SMEs verified through geo tagging and identified service requirements through structured instruments.
- Identification, capacity building and networking of business development service providers to facilitate delivery of demand based services in a sustainable manner.
- Delivery of need based training programs.
- Identification of region specific investment opportunities and Over the Counter (OTC) products development.
- Facilitation of SMEs by the counterpart organizations for corporatization, capacity building, technology, intellectual property and taxation related matters.
- Database developed for 1,000 SMEs with profiles and identified BDS requirements.
- Establishment of Service Providers Networks &having membership of 40 individuals / firms.
- Conduct 210 demand based training programs for 5,000 SMEs.
- Identify 12 region specific investment opportunities and OTC products developed.
Ms. Tasneem Bashir
Regional Manager Incharge - SMEBFC
Room No.09, First Floor, Trust Plaza
LMQ Road, Multan
Tel: 061-680 0822