Project Name: 1000 Industrial Stitching Units—Phase 1: Establishment of 150 Industrial Stitching Units.
Location: All across Pakistan including AJK, GB & Merged Districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa
Project Cost: Rs 350.545 Million
Current Status: 93 Industrial Stitching Units (ISUs) have been established all across Pakistan.
1000 Industrial Stitching Units—Phase 1: Establishment of 150 Industrial Stitching Units Product is a project of Small and Medium Enterprise Development Authority (SMEDA), Ministry of Industries & Production (MoI&P), Government of Pakistan.
The project has been tasked to promote public private partnership to boost the value addition in the field of textile garments by establishing industrial stitching units by strengthening small and medium entrepreneurs. Under the project matching grant of 60% is awarded against the cost of Machinery for setting up of an industrial stitching unit from PSDP funds. Balance amount of 40% is borne by the SME. All beneficiary SMEs are also provided training by National Textile University, Faisalabad.
Main objectives of the project are:
- Enhancement in self-employment through skill development;
- Export promotion through value addition by improving competitiveness of textile sector in garments manufacturing sub-sector;
- Up-gradation of Pakistan textile industry by subsidizing machinery for the new entrepreneurs and existing manufacturers.
- Promotion of share of value-added products in the total textile exports from Pakistan
- Empowerment of female population of the country through skill development and their participation in economic activities.
- To improve quality of garments product
- Human resource development in textile sector
- To improve socio-economic condition of the target community
1000—ISUs Project Management Unit (PMU)
SMEDA Head Office
5th Floor, Building No. 3, Aiwan-e-Iqbal Complex, Egerton Road
Grant Application Forms