INVITATION OF APPLICATIONS FOR CERTIFICATION INCENTIVE GRANT TO SMEs/ FIRMS
Ministry of Science & Technology (MoST), Government of Pakistan under the scope of PSDP Project titled “Certification Incentive Programme for SMEs under PQI Initiative 2025” invites applications from the SMEs/ Firms (Manufacturers/ Traders/ Exporters/ Service Providers etc.) for Certification Grant for the following schemes of standards
- ISO 9001 : Quality Management System
- ISO 14001 : Environmental Management System
- OHSAS/ ISO 18001 : Occupational Health & Safety Assessment System
- ISO 22000 : Food Safety Management
- ISO 50001 : Energy Management System
- Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Global Gap
- IFS - Food Quality & Safety
- Social Accountability: SA – 8000
- British Retail Consortium (BRC)
- Supplier Ethical Data Exchange (SEDEX)
- ISO 13485 : (Medical Devices – QMS)
- Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI)
- Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH)
- Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP)
- OEKO-TEX® Standard 100
- Halal Certification (OIC-SMIIC 1/PS 3733)
- CE Marking
- Product Certification
- Accreditation of testing/calibration & medical laboratories (ISO 17025 / ISO 15189)
- Accreditation of Inspection Bodies (ISO 17020)
- Accreditation of Halal Certification Bodies (OIC-SMIIC-2 / PS 4992)
- Integrated Certifications (as per sectoral demand)
FEATURES OF THE PROJECT:
1. It is an all Pakistan Programme/ Scheme administered by MoST.
2. The Programme/ Scheme shall provide one time reimbursement only against a valid Certification. The incentive will be provided to applicant SMEsfor only one scheme of their choice.
3. The Scheme envisages one time reimbursement of partial expenditure for acquiring relevant certification. The incentive of an amount of Rs.0.1- 0.4 million per certification for each SME is earmarked under the project.
4. Intensive nationwide training programmes for the relevant certification schemes will be organized for SMEs.
5. The permanently established and registered Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs)/ Firms are eligible to apply for the Incentive grant under the Scheme.
6. Only those SMEs will be eligible who fall in either categories as defined below:
a. As per SME Policy-2007 the Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) is defined as the enterprises with employment size up to 250, paid up capital up to Rs.25.00 million and having annual sales turnover up to Rs.250.00 million.
b. State Bank of Pakistan broadly categorizes the SMEs, one as Small Enterprises (SEs) with employment size up to 20 having annual sales turnover up to Rs.75.00 million, and the other as Medium Enterprises (MEs) with employment size up to 21-250 (Manufacturing & Services Sector) and 21-50 (Trading MEs), having annual sales turnover from Rs.75.00 million to Rs.400.00 million.
7. The Programme / Scheme is applicable to those SMEs/ units who have successfully implemented and maintained any certification scheme within the scope/ areas of the project.
8. Applications will be entertained on first come first serve basis depending upon the availability of funds prescribed for each scheme.
HOW TO APPLY FOR CERTIFICATION INCENTIVE GRANT?
2. Before filling-in the Application Form online, the Applicant SME/ Firm is required to carefully read the contents of the Application Form and instructions/ guidelines.
3. Submission of the hard copy of the filled-in Application Form duly completed in all respect alongwith requisite supporting documents is mandatory for processing of incentive grant. Send application (via courier services) at the given below address.
Certification Incentive Programme (CIP), Ministry of Science & Technology
1-Constitution Avenue, Sector G-5/2, Islamabad.
Tel. No.+92-51-9216930-1; Fax No. +92-51-9216932