CFTC for Light Engineering Cluster - Mardan
Major objectives of establishment of common facility and Training Center for Agricultural Implements at Mardan are as below:
- Provide Machinery for production of standardized quality Agri implements to SMEs of the cluster through Common Facility Center.
- Impart training to improve managerial and technical skills of people related to the sector.
- Increase manufacturing capacity of the region to produce high quality Agri implements and tools.
- Explore and enhance local and export market of Agri Machinery from the cluster.
- Increase production capacity of the cluster.
- Create awareness of international standards and pave way for improvement in manufacturing process according to best practices.
BRIEF PROFILE OF SECTOR
Agro based industries in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa includes processing facilities like fruit processing, tobacco processing, oil extraction mills, flour mills, fruit and vegetable processing, etc. The success of the above industries depends upon crop yield. Agriculture mechanization plays a vital role in the increase of the crop yield. Khyber Pakhtunkhwais having no permanent department of agricultural light engineering development on the lines of AMRI (Agricultural Machinery Research Institute) Multan, Farm Machinery Institute (FMI) Islamabad, and AMRC (Agricultural Mechanization Research Center), Tandojam that has created an ever increasing gap between agricultural practices and modern techniques/best practices.
OVERVIEW OF THE PROJECT
The agriculture light engineering cluster of Mardan is scattered in Takht Bhai, Gujar Garhi and Sher Garh. There are more then 200 small and medium level of enterprises involved in making of Agricultural tools and implements. The clusters are fulfilling demand of the local farmers of NWFP and also have some share in Punjab market. A Common Facility Training Center (CFTC) is proposed to be established in the cluster to provide advanced machinery and training facility for the stakeholders. The CFTC will be established at a suitable location in Mardan in close vicinity to the industrial clusters in coordination with the stakeholders. The land for the Center will be provided by the local Association.
BENEFITS TO THE SECTOR/SMEs
Following facilities will be provided to the cluster:
- Common Facility Centre
- Display Centre
- Training (machines/skills/techniques)
- Designing Centre
CONTACT DETAILS OF PROJECT DIRECTOR
SMEDA Regional Office
Ground Floor, State Life Building, The Mall, Peshawar Cantt.
Tel: 92-91-111-111-456, 92-91-9213046-7 Fax: 92-91-286908