Honey Processing & Packaging Common Facility Center - Mingora Swat
- To provide proper Honey Extracting & Processing facilities, Honey Cleaning and Packing facility to the Honey Bee Farmers, Honey traders and Honey exporters at their doorstep.
- To add value through better bottling & packing.
- Improve quality of the product through state of the art technology.
- Increase profitability through lower transportation costs.
- To open up new markets and increase export of Honey by providing the international standard facility to the cluster stakeholders.
BRIEF PROFILE OF SECTOR
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa has attained self-sufficiency in honey production and is now able to export prime quality produce at competitive prices in the open global markets. Honey industry of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is spread over in different districts of the province. There are many types of honey produced in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa but Seder (Ber in Urdu) and Acacia Modesta (Plai in Urdu) are produced more in quantity. The total numbers of the bee keepers entrepreneurs (farm) in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa is about 3800 and the direct employment in these farms are 17500 people.
Malakand Division has got unmatched potential in Marble, Granite, Gems, Hydel Power Generation, Horticulture, Apiculture (Honey Bee Farming) and Tourism sectors. These opportunities are translated into establishment of several industries and thousands of informal setups.
OVERVIEW OF THE PROJECT
A modern honey processing plant with quality control functions and capabilities to produce refined, high quality product is an imperative requirement in the state. It would position Malakand as a key honey processing center and would assist in realization of higher value margins for the final product. It would also enable the area to increase its share in the lucrative market.
BENEFITS TO THE SECTOR/SMEs
The common facility center will provide the following services:
- Sophisticated equipment to process apiary as well as forest honey
- Production of refined high quality honey for bulk consumption
- Modern processing @ Rs. 6/Kg and packaging @ Rs. 3/Kg
- Capacity to process approximately 2000 kg of honey in an 8 hour shift
- Capacity to package1500-2000 bottles (1 kg)
CONTACT DETAILS OF PROJECT DIRECTOR
SMEDA Regional Office
Ground Floor, State Life Building, The Mall, Peshawar Cantt.
Tel: 92-91-111-111-456, 92-91-9213046-7 Fax: 92-91-286908