Agro Food Processing Facilities - Multan
- To provide processing facilities for pulp extraction of various fruits like Mango, Guava etc and processing facilities for Tomato Paste/puree to local growers at very low rates and would help the growers to go for value addition.
- To support the fruit and vegetable growers in processing and value addition of their products.
- To help enable in minimizing the post harvest losses, which are estimated 35% in fresh fruits and vegetables.
- To help the growers to increase their income and exports of the country by providing vegetable and fruit processing facilities.
- Consultancy services to local growers concerning value addition and processing of fruits and vegetables.
BRIEF PROFILE OF SECTOR
Agriculture is still the main stay of the economy. The geographical location provides a large variety of agricultural crops used for both food and raw material for industries. Fruits of Pakistan are unique in taste, aroma and are mostly organic as very low quantities of chemicals are used in their cultivation. Moreover, vegetables/fruits are not genetically modified. In addition to the local market, the markets of Afghanistan and Central Asian Republics can be effectively catered from Pakistan. Pakistan is a member of both the Economic Co-operation Organization (ECO) and the South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation (SAARC), which further expands the potential of the target market enabling the establishment of economic size fruits and vegetables processing plants for industrial activity.
OVERVIEW OF THE PROJECT
The need of the project was identified in consultation with Mango Growers Association (MGA) Multan and Multan Chamber of Commerce & Industry Multan (MCCI). Agro Food Processing facilities (AFP) will give exposure to growers about latest fruit and vegetable processing techniques. It would provide the processing facilities for pulp extraction of various fruits like Mango, Guava etc and processing facilities for Tomato Paste/puree to local growers and would help the growers to go for value addition.
BENEFITS TO THE SMEs
The proposed center will comprise of the following facilities:
- Fruit Processing (Mango Pulp, Guava Pulp)
- Vegetable Processing (Tomato Paste/Puree)
- Fresh Fruit/Vegetable Grading and Packing
- Consultancy Services
ACHIEVEMENTS / OUTCOMES
CONTACT DETAILS OF PROJECT DIRECTOR
Mr. Raja Hassanien Javed
Chief Executive Officer - AFP
SMEDA Punjab Office
3rd Floor, Building no.3, Aiwan-e-Iqbal
Edgerton Road, Lahore
Tel: 042-111-111-456, Ext: 380